Tuesday 30 May 2017

MCM London Comic Con 2017

On 27th May 17, I attended MCM London Comic Con and I thought I’d share my experience meeting certain there. I may also talk other famous people from other cons in separate blogs so look out for them.

Catherine Tate

Before attending the con I did re-watch of most of The Catherine Tate Show, I loved that a lot as a teenager and I still I love it now. Not a Dr Who fan though sadly, I did a bit of ‘Runaway Bride’ though.

To start with I watched her for 30 minutes at a panel, it started off really funny as she started walking down to the audience and jokingly tells some people for such as; standing up when there are plenty of seats, people sitting way the back or someone taking a picture of her at unflattering angle.

I had a photo-shoot with her soon after the panel, she let out a big “Hello” to me and after the picture I’m sure she said to me “nice to see you lovely”.



I remember the queue to the autograph being really long however it was worth the wait, as I got closer to the front I could see why. She wanted to make each autograph personal, she wasn’t sitting behind the desk instead she standing in front of it and she had her shoes off. She asking questions to everyone and allowing pictures and selfies with them, which is usually against the rules. I had a sticky note where I had written my name for he to personalise the autograph and the “What a fucking liberty”, when she saw that she jokingly said “that’s really rude”. As she was signing the Nan picture with the quote, I told about when my own Nan was watching the Nan sketches she told that it reminded her of her mum. Catherine responded “Wow that’s really interesting” and then asked me where Nan came from. Then we did our selfie, which was funny because I’m not very good at it and I was struggling to get the angle and push button and she was joking pushing me to take the picture.



I loved every second with her, she is a truly kind and funny woman. It was so nice that she makes so much effort with each and everyone of her fans. If you’re a fan and want to, take it from me that you will not be disappointment and in fact she will surpass your expectation.



Sean Maher and Summer Glau

Of all the character relationships in Firefly and Serenity, my favourite is Simon and River Tam. Probably the best brother and sister duo I have seen in any fictional story. Besides Joss Whedon’s excellent writing for the Tam siblings, it is the chemistry between Sean Maher and Summer Glau, what these two actors have together is truly magic.

I already met Sean at LFCC 2016, he was one of the nicest people I got to meet. He asked me how I was and if I was enjoying myself while he was signing the signing the picture and he wrote the quote “This must be what going mad feels like”, I did not ask him to do that and I greatly appreciate that. I then had a photo-shoot with him, which also great he put his arm around me and after I held my hand out and he shook it and I remember he used both his hands. The whole I don’t think he stopped smiling.




I don’t think he recognised me when I saw him again at this convention, which I understand he must’ve had thousands of fan come and see him unless he had photographic memory he can’t remember them all. Doesn’t change the fact that he is still a nice guy and he was equally as friendly to me as was last time. I started off with the joint photo-shoot with Summer, before they took the picture they both held their hands put to me and I didn’t whose to shake first, I was so nervous I think I about to shake Sean’s first but then quickly shook Summer’s first instead. After the picture was taken, I held out my hand to shake theirs and they both did and they thanked me for coming, it was surreal they are so much like each other it’s no wonder they play the relationship so well onscreen. Also Summer was wearing this baggy shirt and skirt, which I could easily imagine River wearing.



Then I had autograph session, they sat next to each other I stood in queue for Summer first however I was told to leave the line quickly to get Sean first from what I understood he was pushed for time I just had him sign half my photo-shoot picture, as I already had his individual autograph. Like I said he was really nice even if he didn’t recognise me. I had Summer just after him but sadly he had just left as I got to her, I wanted to tell them both together how much I love Simon and River’s characters. So I just told Summer, I said seeing Simon and River together brings a tear to my ear and how much I love there chemistry, I meant every word and I could tell she was touched and she told me how she feels that way with Sean and how blessed she was that she got to work with him. As she signed her River she wrote the quote “No power in the verse can stop me”, just like Sean I did not ask her to do that but she did. On joint autograph, they both add little message Sean “Great to meet you” and Summer “Stay shiny”. It just goes to show how much these two are so much, they like to send love to there fans, they don’t seem to stop smiling and they are very warm-hearted people. They are truly a real-life Simon and River Tam.

No comments:

Post a Comment